I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added and then rinsing and drying. I then glued them to 1.5" black-primed fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue. I then glued the figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue each.
I looked in my old 197? D&D Monster Manual to see what it had to say about the coloration of Ogres; and it described them as having anywhere from black-brown to "dead yellow" colored skin. So I split the difference and began by painting them a 50/50 mix of Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate (a very dark brown), and Americana "Moon Yellow" (A mid-toned greyish yellow). The end result turned out to be a mid-brown with greenish greyish overtones, and I was pleased with it. I then painted the section of chainmail on the leftmost one with Ceramcoat "Black", and when dry, I drybrushed the chainmail with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey"
I then painted all the belts, an the leather parts of the wrist guards on the left one and the center one, with Accent "Real Umber". Next, I painted the ankle wraps on all of them, and the wrist wraps on he righthand one with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and the pouches on the middle one and the righthand one with Reaper MSP Turkey Brown". On the lefthand one I painted the padding on his right wrist brace with Folk Art "Gray Green".
Next, I painted all the metal parts with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey", and when dry, I gave all the metal, and the pouch hand, a wash with the "Agrax Earthshade" wash. When dry, I highlighted some of the metal with Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver".
Lastly, I painted the figures integral bases with the "Bittersweet Chocolate".
I let the figures dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock their bases. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor's Dullcote".
I'm generally happy with these. They ended up being a bit of a speed paint, as I was attending Historicon this past weekend; so I had to get these all done before I left on Friday, so some corners were cut. But they'll look good enough when on the game table, and that's what counts. I'm particularly happy though with how the loin cloth made of the banners of defeated foes turned out. :)