Monday, April 2, 2018

Torture Equipment- X-Rack and Hot Iron Brazier: Bones 3 Fgures

     This past week, because I was getting over a cold, and it was Easter weekend, I selected something relatively easy and quick to paint; the X-rack and Hot Iron from the Bones 3 Torture Chamber set.
      I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added and then rinsing and drying.   I then glued the X-rack to a primed 1.5" square steel base with Aleene's Tacky glue, and the Hot Iron brazier to a 7/8" black-primed fender washer.  I then glued the figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
      I began by painting the Brazier Ceramcoat "Black", and the  X-rack with Americana "Mississippi Mud".   I then drybrushed the Brazier with Folk Art "Medium Grey" followed by Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey".    I moved then back to the X-rack, and gave it a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash.  When I was done applying the wash, I went back to the Brazier, and gave the coals a light wash with some thinned Iron Wind Metals "Orange" Ink to hopefully make them look like they had a heat glow.
      When the "Orange" ink and the "Agrax Earthshade"  wash were dry, I drybrushed the X-rack with some Folk Art "Barn Wood".  I then painted the Brazier itself , and the little bit of the poker sticking out, along with the fittings on the X-rack, with Reaper MSP "Scorched Metal".  After the "Scorched Metal" had time to dry,  I applied a little Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash to the "Scorched Metal". When that was dry, I hit the fittings on the X-rack with some thinned Accent "Golden Oxide" to try to give them a little rusty appearance.  Lastly, I painted the bases with Americana "Neutral Grey", then when it was dry, I gave the carved rocks under the Brazier a little dab with some of the "Nuln Oil" to help accent the crevices between them.
        I let the pieces dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.    Then, another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor's Dullcote". 

        Well, they're very nice.  Nothing exciting; but they're done, and thats a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. Particularly when that job is extracting information from heretics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. Dome nice ans grizzly dungoendressing. Like the simple paintjob you did there - oje could expect to see some blood, but thar might ne too mich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, a little staining might have been good... it is a bit too pristine I guess. I might try some of that on the table rack.

      Delete