This week I completed Tiviel Hellborn Rogue, from the Bedevilled set. I now only have one more figure left to do from this set.
When looking at this figure there was something about it that looked more Sci-Fi than Fantasy to me. I don't know if it was the outfit, or the stance, or just the general demeanor of the figure; but to me it looked a bit more like a Star Trek alien than a fantasy world demon. So, I decided to go with that for my painting scheme.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
I began by painting all her skin with Americana "Olive Green". I then made a 50/50 mix of Iron Wind Metals "Mid Green" and "Dark Green" inks, and applied it on the skin using a wet brush.
At this point I painted her boots, shoulder and tail armor, dagger fittings and the decorations on her top with Ceramcoat "Bronze". When dry, I gave the "Bronze parts a careful wash with GW "Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush. When the wash was dry, I highlighted the "Bronze" with Ceramcoat "14K Gold".
Next, I painted her hair again, this time with Folk Art "Metallic Emerald Green", then added some White to the "Metallic Emerald Green" and did some highlights on the hair. I then painted her eyes, and then did her lips with the "Forest Green". I then highlighted her skin with the base "Olive Green". Lastly, I painted her integral base with Black.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". When that was dry, I then spread glue on the base and covered it with black sand. When dry, I drybrushed the sand with the "Neutral Grey". Then, the following day, I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
Figure 192 of 266: Complete