The figure would still not be able to sit flush with the black plastic figure base, but instead would be elevated about a quarter of an inch above it. I felt this was an acceptable amount, and I could build up a small mound with Milliput around the tealight base for the figure to 'sit' on.
I began by giving the outer edges of the figure, the base, body, and upper arms, a drybrushing with Apple Barrel "Apple Maroon", and then just inside this, working my way towards the center, and down towards the bottom of the base, I gave it a dry brushing with GW "Blood Red"
Next I did the oranges, doing a drybrush with GW "Blazing Orange" first, again painting just inside the previous color. And then I did a drybrush with Americana "Tangerine"
Now I moved to the yellows. I did a drybrush in the center of the body, around the bottom of the base, the face, bottoms of the arms, and the center of the fireball hands, with GW "Golden Yellow. This was followed by a drybrushing with Apple barrel "Yellow"
My final steps was to add heat highlights with Apple Barrel "Lemon Chiffon" to the very bottom of the figure, the center of its "torso" , the face, and the hands. Then I added a bit of white to the "Lemon Chiffon"" ,and did some small pinpoint highlights on the parts I mentioned above. I didn't like the fact that this figure had no face, so I gave it some eyes by painting on two smudgy black eye shapes, and then painting inside these with the "Lemon Chiffon" with some white highlights. I also did a mount with a "Lemon Chiffon"and white mix. When all was dry I painted the figure with Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish", and then flocked the base. I used a bit of dried coffee around the base of the Elemental to represent singed grass, and when the flocking was dry I gave the immediate area around her feet a light drybrushing with black to make it look like burnt grass. Finally, I gave the figure a coat of Testor's "Dullcote" spray paint.
|The figure as it appears with the tealight turned off.|
|Photographed in a darkened room with the tealight turned on.|
|Photographed in a lit room with the tealight turned on.|
Below is a short video of the figure to show you the flickering effect of the tealight.
I'm really pleased with how this figure turned out. It was a fun project to complete, and makes a nice novelty figure on the table.
Figure 55 of 265: Complete