This past week I was still recovering from my cold, which decided to morph into bronchitis just when I thought I was getting better, so there were only a couple days that I felt really up to painting. I decided to do a quick sci-fi figure to test out an idea I'd been thinking about, so I grabbed the female NOVA Corp figure. I had been considering painting these NOVA figures in some sort of chameleon armor, so wanted to try painting them the same as I paint my usual rocky desert-like bases. In other words, painting the figure and base as one.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue; and when that was dry, I gave the washer and figure's base a brush on coat of Elmer's white glue, and dunked it into a course sand mix. My original idea was to spray the figure with Krylon Dark Brown Camouflage with Fusion spray paint, so that is why I didn't prime the washer beforehand. I decided against the spraying, so in the future I think I will used black-primed washers for these. When the sand mix had dried, I glued the figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's.
Figure 145 of 265: Complete