When the wash was dry, I did some highlighting. First, I drybrushed the tentacles with Ceramcoat "Maple Sugar Tan". Then I added highlights to the teeth with the "Buttermilk". I let the piece dry overnight, then the next morning I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matt Varnish". That afternoon I sprayed it with "Testor's Dullcote". After the Dullcote had time to dry overnight, I went back and painted the inner gums and teeth with Americana "DuraClear Gloss Varnish".
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Savage Worlds "Desert Thing", Bones II Figure
This week I also completed the "Desert Thing" monster from the Bones II Savage Worlds set. My plan is to use it with my Mars figures (A mash-up of Space 1889 style stuff and Edgar Rice Burroughs) so I wanted to paint it in a reddish scheme. I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I wanted to work on this more like a terrain piece, so instead of a washer, I cut down one of the large plastic bases that came with the Kickstarter to use as the base. I traced the figure's mouth part onto the base, and masked it off with some masking tape.