Friday, November 22, 2013

Reader Requested Paint Comparison

I had a reader of this blog recently request for me to describe the difference between two colors I used on my Spirit of the Forest figure. (See: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2013/10/spirit-of-forest-figure-41-of-265.html ) Rather than try to use only words to do this, I thought it would save everyone a lot of time if I simply posted a photo of the two colors.
So, here they are, Americana "Khaki Tan", and Folk Art "Barn Wood".   As you can see, the "Khaki Tan" is a little darker and a little yellower than the "Barn Wood", and by comparison, the "Barn Wood" is lighter and a more bluish tan.  These were photographed under my Ottlite painting light so should be, given the varied quality of computer monitors, true to their actual color.

No comments:

Post a Comment