Monday, November 22, 2021

Dwarf Statues: Bones 5 Figures, Part 2 (Completed)

      A couple weeks ago, I started work on the pair of "Dwarf Statue" models from the two The Dwarf King's Crypt Encounter Sets that I got through the Bones 5 Kickstarter.   This past week I had time to complete them.  There wasn't much left to do.
     For Part 1, see: Dwarf Statues Part 1

     I let the painting I had done in Part 1 dry for a bit, and then I gave the top part of both statues a thinned coat of Folk Art "Patina".  I let this dry, and then went back and drybrushed it with Folk Art "Celadon Green".
      I let the Statues dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.  Then when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to glue some sand onto the bases.  When this was dry I  painted it with Citadel Contrast "Black Templar".  When that was dry,  I drybrushed the sand with Folk Art "Rock Grey", and then a bit of Folk Art "Porcelain White".  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figures with Testor's Dullcote".       


  I'm happy with these terrain pieces, and glad I decided to go with the metal and rock scheme, rather than doing them as all rock.  I still haven't perfected my verdigris bronze look yet, but am pleased with how it turned out this time.
     

1 comment:

  1. I love the effect of the patina. Great pieces to decorate a game.

    ReplyDelete