I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the largest to a black primed 1" fender washer, and the two smaller to 7/8" black primed fender washers, with Aleene's Tacky glue. I then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue each.
When the ink had dried, I painted the bases with Americana "Neutral Grey", and when dry, I gave the bases a coat of Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash. When the wash was dry, I drybrushed the based with some Folk Art "Platinum Grey".
I let the crystals dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Once again I decided not to spray varnish these as I have had some issues in the past with the translucent figures getting a little tacky after a while. So, to finish up, I painted the crystals with Americana "DuraClear Gloss" varnish to give them a nice shine.