I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I then painted the two cloth patches on his front; doing the lefthand one in Reaper MSP "Frosty Blue" with Crafter's Acrylic "Purple Passion" checks, and the right hand one with Crafter's Acrylic "Forest Green" with a Crafter's Acrylic "Bright Yellow" pattern on it.
Lastly, I painted the figure's integral base with Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".