|Photo from Reapermini.com|
Next, I worked on highlighting his beard and eyebrows, using first Crafter's Acrylic "Orange Spice", and then a bit of Americana "Tangerine".
When I was done painting the figure, I used some white glue to glue some fine brown sand to the base. When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana "Raw Umber". When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with the "Territorial Beige", and then with some Folk Art "Butter Pecan"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little of the "Light Antique White".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. When dry, I glued on some bits of grass tufts. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".