So, after soaking the figure in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it; I cut away a little of the base.
Then, when everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure, except for the face, a wash with Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash. I then went back and applied some Citadel "Reikland Fleshshade" wash to his face. When the wash was dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his skin with a mix of Apple Barrel "Apple Flesh", and the base "Shading Flesh". I then highlighted his hair and beard with, first, Crafter's Acrylic "Strom Cloud Grey", an the Folk Art "Platinum Grey".
When I was done painting the figure, I used some white glue to glue some fine brown sand to the base. When the sand was dry, I painted it with a thinned coat of Americana "Raw Umber". When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with the "Territorial Beige", and then with some Folk Art "Butter Pecan"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little Crafter's Acrylic "Light Antique White".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave him a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. When dry, I glued on some bits of grass tufts. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".
|A shot to show how the stump turned out.|