I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
Next, I painted his boots, belt and staff with Black, and then painted the orb on top of the staff with Folk Art "Metallic Blue Sapphire". I then painted his hair, and his inner sleeves with Americana "Dove Grey", and the rope wrapping the top of the staff with Americana "Raw Umber".
On the back of his cape, I took a bit of foam from a blister insert, and using some Black, and a bit of the "Dove Grey", tried to dab a bit of storm cloud pattern onto the cape.
Lastly, I painted his base with the "Raw Umber".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".