I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. This figure was going to be the first I tried in my new painting grip that my friend, Buck, gave me fore Christmas. I was pleased to see that a washer mounted figure fits in the clamp plates nice and snugly.
Next, I painted all the pouches and the sword grip with Crafter's Edition "Spice Brown", and any odd belts and straps with Nicole's "Brown". I then painted the sword and dagger scabbards with Reaper MSP BONES "Tropical Blue", and the long sash with Crafter's Acrylic "Dark Turquoise". After that, I painted the sword, scabbard fittings, and any buckles with Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".