I prepped these figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then cut down their bases a little, and then glued the ticks to black-primed 7/8" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue; and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue under each washer.
I began by painting both figures and their integral bases with Accent "Real Umber". After that, I painted their backs with Americana "Leaf Green".
When the "Leaf Green" was dry, I over painted it with Folk Art "Metallic Emerald Green". Then, when everything had a while to dry I gave both figures a complete coat of Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash". When the wash was dry, I first highlighted their main bodies with Americana "Mississippi Mud"; then after that, I highlighted their backs with some of the "Metallic Emerald Green" mixed with Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver". Lastly, I painted in tiny eyes with some Reaper MSP "Holly Berry".
I let the figures dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock their bases.
Well, they're not anything special, and I didn't devote a whole lot of time to them; but I think they will do very nicely as Ghost Archipelago "Jungle Ticks".