Because the figure had never actually been part of a Kickstarter, I never had had one to paint; until this past Christmas when I asked Mrs Claus to get me one, since coincidently I needed a knight figure for a new Frostgrave warband I was assembling.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. Then, since I planned to use the figure for Frostgrave, I wanted to make him look a little more dressed for winter. So, I dug through my bits box and found an old Chaos warrior cape. With a little trimming on Garrick's shoulder armor, I was able to make the cape fit nicely. I then sprayed the cape with flat white spray paint, and super glued it onto the figure's shoulders. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
I then painted the sword with the "Gunmetal Grey", and then did highlights on the sword with the "Silver Sterling". While I had the "Silver Sterling" out, I touched up the highlighting on his armor. Next, I painted his belt buckle, the cape clips, and the disc on his sword with Ceramcoat "Bronze". I then went back and highlighted these with Ceramcoat "14K Gold".
Lastly, I drybrushed the cork, with first Folk Art "Medium Grey", followed by Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey", and lastly Americana "Dove Grey". I finished by painting the rest of base White.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" early the next morning. That afternoon I "snowed" the base with a mix of Citadel "Vahallan Blizzard" textured paint, and regular White paint. The next day I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.