This week I took a break from the BBEG Set, and worked a bit on the We Be Goblins! Pathfinder Goblins Set. As I get closer to the halfway mark on this project, I wanted some quick little figures that I could paint in groups to help move my numbers along. :)
As the weather here has turned chilly, it put my mind to a long-time desire I've had to do some winter specific figures for use on snowy terrain. Since I had already painted the other Goblin set in this Kickstarter normally, I thought these Goblins might be fun to do as some sort of Snow Goblins.
I prepped them in the usual way; soaking in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying. I then glued them to 7/8" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple small dabs of Elmer's white glue, for ease of handling during painting.
Now I worked on some of the detail bits. I painted their teeth Americana "Buttermilk", and what I assumed was teeth hanging around their necks (it might have been fringe...I'm not sure) I painted with the "Buttermilk" as well. I also used the Buttermilk" to paint the skulls on the right hand Goblin. Next, I painted the cords on the "armor" plates, and the necklace cords with Ceramcoat "Maple Sugar Tan". I painted the upper arm wrap on the right-hand Goblin with Folk Art "Burgundy". Finally, I painted the torch handles with Americana "Mississippi Mud", the sword grips with Americana "Asphaltum", and the rock the left-hand Goblin is standing on with the "Medium grey"..
"Lemon Chiffon at the bottom, and then Americana "Tangerine", and then Ceramcoat "Bright Red". lastly I added some dabs of the "Burgundy" at the very tips of the flames. My final step was to paint the figures' bases with the "Baby Blue", thinking the blue color would look neat under the snow flocking I planned to use.
I let the Goblins sit overnight, and the next morning I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Later that afternoon I flocked their bases, using Woodland Scenics snow flocking. Unfortunately, this was not as opaque as I hoped, and a lot of the blue undercoat color showed through. I tried over-painting a lot of the now-flocked areas with white paint, and reflocked them. The next day I sprayed ithem with Testor's "Dullcote" spray varnish.
Figures 121 & 122: Complete