As I mentioned in my previous post, the "Song of Blades and Heroes" battle report; two weeks ago I finished the Spirit translucent figure quickly enough, that I was able to also paint up 3 test Goblin figures for use with my Orc warband for the SoBaH games I was playing that weekend. The Goblins were from the Dungeon Attack set, and I chose one of each pose to begin with. I didn't want to paint them the same old green that has become so common for Goblins, so I consulted my old beaten-up copy of the D & D Monster Manual, and read up on Goblins. It said that their skin color ranged from yellow, to dull orange, to brick red...nothing about green. So, I decided to go with the middle of the range there and paint them a dull orange-ish.
To begin with though, I prepped them in the usual way; soaking in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying. Afterwards, I primed them with Krylon Camouflage Flat Black with Fusion. I then glued them to 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a coupe small dabs of Elmer's white glue, for ease of handling during painting.
Overall, I'm pleased with how these turned out. I think the dull orange skin really works on these figures. Especially in contrast to their drab clothing. And, they were nice and quick and easy to paint.
Now to work on the other 9 Goblins from the set.
Figures 59-61: Complete