Monday, December 16, 2019

Townsfolk Milkmaid: Bones 4 Figure

This past week, with all our Christmas preperations going on, I didn't have a lot of time for painting; so I selected the Milkmaid from the Bones 4 Core Set Townsfolk II group to work on.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
     I began by painting her skin with Reaper MSP "Tanned Skin", and then her dress with Reaper MSP Bones "Tropical Blue".  I then painted her apron, shirt, and bonnet with Americana "Grey Sky", and after that I did her bucket with Ceramcoat :territorial Beige", and the rope handle with Folk Art "Barn Wood".
     After the paint had time to dry, I applied a thinned wash of Iron wind metals "Dark Blue" Ink to the dress.  When that was dry, I did a coat of Citadel "Reikland Fleshshade" wash to her skin, and when it was dry, a coat of Citadel "Nuln Oil" to her apron, shirt, and bonnet. I followed with a coat of Citidel "Agrax Earthsahde" to her bucket.
     When all the washes were dry, I painted her eyes, and then highlighted her face with Reaper MSP "Tanned Highlight", and I mixed in a little Americana "Shading Flesh" to paint her lips.
     Next, I highlighted her dress using, first, the base "Tropical Blue", then Crafter's Acrylic  "Tropical Blue", and finally Crafter's Acrylic "Cool Blue".  I then highlighted her shirt, apron, and bonnet, using Americana "Snow White".  After that, I did the highlights on the bucket using Folk Art "Butter Pecan", and the rope using the base "Barn Wood".  Lastly, I painted the entire base with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. I then used some white glue to glue some fine sand to the base.  When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana "Raw Umber". When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with the "Territorial Beige", and then with some of the "Butter Pecan"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little Americana "Bleached Sand".
      Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote".
     Considering it was a very quick paint job, squeezed in here and there as time permitted, I am pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment