The figure was a bit oddly sculpted I felt, being almost entirely two dimensional looking. So I decided to do a little modification on him to help look less stilted.
|Photo from Reaper's website|
I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then cut both arms at the elbows and after slicing off a small angled section of each arm, re-glued them so they bent in more. After that, I glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
Unfortunately, I must have fouled my "Agrax Earthsahde" or something, because I found in many places (see the base of the hood for example) it dried white for some reason.
Lastly, I painted the figure's integral base with Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".