Sorry for being a day late, folks; but I was recovering from the Fall-In convention yesterday and getting my photos and blog reports from there sorted, and totally forgot about getting this posted.
This past week I started working on one of the Lizardmen with Club & Shield figures from the Bones 3 24 Bones Figure set as a test subject to establish a paint scheme for all 32 that I got from the Kickstarter. (Plus a few of the metal versions I've picked up along the way.) So I was looking for something that I could mass produce quickly and easily, and get done before I had to leave for Fall-In.
I began by drybrushing the whole figure, first with Americana "Avocado", and then with the lighter, Americana "Jade Green". I then painted his shield and club with Americana "Raw Umber".
I let the figure dry for a while, and then gave all the areas I had just painted in non-green colors a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash. When the wash was dry, I drybrushed the turtle shell with Americana "Mississippi Mud", and drybrushed the club with Nicole's "Brown".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next morning I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. When that was dry, I flocked the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".