I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
I painted what I interpreted as rocks on the base with Americana "Zinc", and then painted what I thought was a skull, with Americana "Khaki". While they dried, I worked on giving her sword a light drybrushing with Ceramcoat "Bronze". I then went back and gave the rocks and skull a wash with Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash. Then, when the wash was dry, I highlighted the rocks with the "Rock Grey", and the skull with the "Light Antique White". Lastly, I painted the areas of the base that were't the roots, rocks, or skull, with White.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave her a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed her with Testor's Dullcote". When the Dullcote was dry, I went back and applied the a mix of snow flock, white paint, and white glue to some of the branches and the base.