Monday, October 26, 2015

Sascha Dubois: Figure 176 of 265

   This week I completed the Sascha Dubois figure from the Chronoscope Set.  I had posted an article here two week as ago about how I had converted this figure to be more of a fantasy figure than a sci-fi one, so it could fill the roll of a Chonomancer apprentice for my Frostgrave games.
       I had already prepped the figure in the usual way before I did the conversion work, so I moved directly to gluing the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
     I began by painting her skin with Americana "Shading Flesh".  I then painted her top with Accent "Mustard Seed", and her pants with Americana "Zinc".
     Next, I painted her coat with Accent "Deep Forest Green", and then went back to the "Mustard Seed" and used that to paint all the facings  and turnbacks on her coat. I then painted her boots, scabbard, belts, and the stone circle she stands on, with Black.  I used to Crafters Edition "Spice Brown" to paint her gloves, and Americana "Territorial Beige" to paint her hair.   When everything had had a while to dry, I gave all the browns,  yellows and her skin a wash with Winsor Newton "peat Brown ink using a wet brush.
   When the wash was dry, I painted her eyes and lips; then highlighted her hair, first with Apple Barrel "Maple Syrup", and then with Apple Barrel "Lemon Chiffon".  I then highlighted her skin, first with the base "Shading Flesh",  then adding a little Crafters Acrylic "Flesh" to it to do some lighter highlights.  I then highlighted her coat, first with Americana "Forest Green", and then with Americana "Leaf Green".  Next, I did the highlights on her top, and all the coat facings and turnbacks with, first, Crafters Acrylic "Bright Yellow", and then Crafters Acrylic "Daffodil Yellow".  Her pants were next, and I highlighted them with, first, Americana "Neutral Grey", and then Crafters Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey".  Her boots, belts and scabbard I gave highlights with Folk Art "Settlers Blue". I painted her wand (?) hanging from her belt with the "Spice Brown", then highlighted the gloves and the wand with Americana "Sable Brown". I then painted the sword grip with Ameircana "Asphaltum".
   I then worked on the stone circle, drybrushing it first with Apple Barrel "Rock Grey", and then with Folk Art "Platinum Grey".
   
    Next, I worked on the metals, painting her epaulets, buttons, buckles, the pocket watch, the key at her belt, the rings on her wand, and the sword and scabbard parts all with Ceramcoat "Bronze". I then went back and highlighted all these parts with Cermcoat "14k Gold".  I then painted the bead string on her belt with Folk Art "Metallic Blue Sapphire". Lastly, I painted the base around the stone with "White" to cover any paint that had accidentally gotten on it; and while I had the White out, I panted in the face of the pocket watch, and then got the Black and my thinnest brush and painted a pair of hands on the watch face.
      When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".  The next morning I flocked the base around the stone circle with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock.  Late that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.

     I'm really pleased with how this figure turned out.  I think  she will fit fine as the Chronomancers Apprentice.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, vibrant colours on this one. Works very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, it was a nice change of pace from the predominately black figures I did previously. :-)

      Delete