Over the weekend I finished Satheras the Male Warlock figure from the 30 New Bones set. I've only got a few more figures to go to complete this big initial offering set from the Kickstarter. I tried initially to straighten his staff, but found it hard to get his staff perfectly straight because of the two sculpted contact points. So, I did the best I could in the limited amount of time I wanted to devote to the job, and told myself that being a grizzled old warlock, he might just have a gnarled and bent old staff.
I began my preparation in the usual way; soaking him in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving him a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I had actually prepped and primed this figure a while back when I still had the good Krylon Camouflage with Fusion Flat Black spray paint, so I didn't have the tackiness issues I'm getting with the regular Krylon Fusion now. I glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and glued the washer to half a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue.
I let the figure sit for a few hours and then I painted the whole figure with Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". The next morning I flocked the base, and let it dry all day, then late in the afternoon I sprayed it with Testor's "Dullcote".
Figure 96 of 265: Complete