To begin with though, I prepped them in the usual way; soaking in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying. Afterwards, I primed them with Krylon Camouflage Flat Black with Fusion. I then glued them to 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a coupe small dabs of Elmer's white glue, for ease of handling during painting.
Like each time before, I began by painting all their exposed skin areas with Accent "Golden Oxide". I then painted their Tunics with GW "Graveyard Earth", and the padded jerkin on the archer with GW "Scorched Brown". I also painted the fur areas on the neck of the mace Goblin, and the boots of the spear Goblin, with the "Scorched Brown." I then dry brushed these areas with Folk Art "Barn Wood". I then painted their hats with Americana "Alvacado".
Then I did the backs of the shields with Ceramcoat "Walnut", and then all the straps and belts with Americana "Asphaltum". The Quiver I painted with Accent "Real Umber" and the arrow shafts with Crafter's "Spice Brown". I then painted the handle of the mace, bow, and spear shaft with the "Spice Brown". Next, I painted the fletchings by dry brushing them with the Folk Art "Medium Gray." The facings of the shields I left plain black this time. I painted the boots of the spear-wielding Goblin with GW "Snakebite Leather".
My next step was to work on the stonework bases they were standing on. I painted these with Duncan "Slate Grey", and then painted the blobs of vegetation sitting on the stones with DecoArt "Forest Green". Next, I painted their teeth and the claws on their feet with Americana"Buttermilk". Lastly I painted the metal armor, weapon and shield parts, and buckles with Accent "Princely Pewter".
When all the paint was dry, I washed the figures completely with some watered down Winsor-Newton Peat Brown Ink
When the ink wash dried, I added highlights to their skin and clothing by repainting some of the raised areas with the base color. I also added some highlights to the metal parts with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter", and highlighted their teeth and claws with the "Buttermilk". I also painted their eyes with the "Buttermilk", and added black pupils. Then, after everything had time to dry, I painted on a coat of Ceamcoat "Matt Varnish". When this had dried I flocked the bases. Even though they were sculpted to look like dungeon floors, I wanted to use my Goblins in outdoor settings, so I flocked them to look like perhaps the Goblins were standing on parts of old ruins or an overgrown path. After the flock had dried, I sprayed the figures with Testor's Dullcote.
I'm pleased with how these last three turned out, and am happy to see the Goblin chapter finally closed. Below is a picture of the whole gang of them, and I think they make a nice mob of malicious Goblininess. :)