I first glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer, and then glued that to a tongue depressor. For painting the Bones I plan to use my basic assortment of craft acrylic paints with a smattering of some GW paints I own. I started by painting the whole Mr Bones figure black. I then drybrushed the cloaks with a mid-tone blue-gray. Next I painted the shovel handle dark brown and the skull mask a pale buttermilk color. While these dried I painted the lacings on his under-robe red. Then I went back and did some tan highlights on the shovel handle's grain, and painted the mask highlight's white.
Next I did the skin, painting a dark ruddy flesh base, and then highlighting it. The rope/noose belt followed with a brown base and tan highlights. Finally I did the shovel blade in dark metal with silver highlights. When dry I used brush on varnish, and then flocked the base. A coat of Testor's Dullcote finished the job.
I'm please with the results on this figure. It was a good choice for a starter, as it is a simple rather straight forward sculpt with lots of good detail, and very quick to paint up. Figure 1 of 264 done.