This past week I painted the "Stone Lurker" from the Bones 4 Darkreach Expansion.
I prepped the "Stone Lurker" in the usual way, soaking the pieces in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added; then giving the pieces a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying everything. I then glued the two halves of the Lurker together, and then glued in the tentacles, using Gorilla Superglue gel. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 2" fender washer using Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer to the top of a large pill bottle with a couple drops of Elmers white glue.
So I then used some white glue to glue some mixed sand to the base. When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana "Charcoal Grey". I then painted the Lurker with Ceramcoat "Charcoal", and tried to blend it into the "Charcoal Grey" on the base. After that, I painted the inside of the mouth with Ceramcoat "Black".
Next, I worked on the base, drybrushing the sand with Americana "Mississippi Mud", and then with some Apple Barrel "Rock Grey"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little Americana "Dove Grey".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote". When the "Dullcote" was dry, I went back and repainted the "teeth" with a little Americana "DuraClear Gloss" varnish.