Monday, December 17, 2018

Psychologist: Bones 3 Figure

     This past week I finished working on the group of Pulp Chronoscope figures I got in a trade, and did the Psychologist, from the Bones 3 "Mythos Expansion: Part 3".
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.   I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip. 
     I began by painting his head and hands with Crafter's Acrylic "Flesh".  I then painted his lab coat with Americana "Dove Grey", and his pants with Americana "Zinc".
     Next, I painted his shirt with Americana "Salem Blue", his tie with Ceramcoat "Opaque Red", and his hair with Americana "Light Cinnamon".  After everything had a chance to dry, I gave his head and hands a wash with Citadel  "Reikland Fleshshade".  When that was dry, I gave the rest of his body a wash with Citadel "Nuln Oil ".
     I then painted his eyes, and then the rims of his glasses with Ceramcoat "Black". After that, I highlighted his face and hands with the base "Flesh", his hair with Americana "Sable Brown", and  his tie with the base "Opaque Red".
   Next, I highlighted his shirt with Crafter's Acrylic "Cool Blue", and his lab coat with Americana "Snow White".   I then highlighted his pants with Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey", and painted his shoes with the "Black".   When the shoes were dry, I highlighted them with Citadel "The Fang". 
Lastly,  I  painted the figure's integral base with Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate".
     I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".  After the Dullcote dried, I went back over the lens of the glasses with Americana "DuraClear Gloss Varnish".
     Well, I'm happy.  He was the perfect fast and simple figure to get done during a busy holiday week; and I don't think he looks too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. Those eyes are great! Seems like a very useful figure too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought I'd try something other than the standard painting the lenses in the glasses silver or some such reflective color...

      Delete