Monday, May 7, 2018

Dwarf Frostgrave Crew

    It was a super busy week, so I didn't get much painting done; therefore, I decided to take a couple photos to share with you all of the current state of my all-Dwarf Frostgrave warband.  I am currently missing one Thug; and I'd like to eventually replace the second crossbow figure, who is actually made up of some GW parts, and some from the Frostgrave plastic soldier set. Otherwise, they're all Bones figures.
   I should be back next Monday with a new figure to post.
Front row:  Wizard, Apprentice, Templar, Crossbow, Corssbow.  Back row: Thief, Thief, Thief, Thug. 

A closeup of the Wizard, Apprentice, Templar, and two of the Thieves.

The third Thief, two Crossbows, and a Thug.

4 comments:

  1. They all look like they are rip-roaring and ready to take the tabletop battlefield. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a treat! They look great - the only thing bugging me are differing bases - do you plan to match them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them!

      Yes, in a group, the mixed-matched bases don't look great, but it's less obvious when they're spread out on a table with terrain during a game. I don't plan to match them up. When I started with Frostgrave I was very thrilled with doing figures up on snow bases since they looked so cool. As my collection grew, I became more and more aware of the limits that having a snowed base place on the use of a figure, so my later Frostgrave figures just have the grey gravel base. That way, they fit in just fine with Frostgrave, a dungeon setting, and aren't too too out of place in a more common grass covered landscape (at least not as much as a snow base would be!).

      Eventually, at some point, I could see myself painting over the snow, but that would only be if I had a specific need for the figure outside of Frostgrave. Otherwise, my hobby time to too short to spend it rebasing simply for uniformity sake.

      Delete