Monday, March 20, 2017

Crates & Barrels: Bones II Pieces

     This past week I painted the crates and barrels from the Bones II Dungeon Decor set to use in the Frostgrave Loot Cart scenario we will be doing this weekend.
        I prepped the crates and barrels in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them.    I then glued the crates to a white-primed 1"x.5" steel base, and the large barrel to a 3/4" fender washer, and the small crate to a 5/8" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the steel base and washers to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.

     I began by painting one crate and one barrel with Americana "Territorial Beige", and the second crate and barrel with  Folk Art "TeddyBear Brown".   I then gave everything a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash.

     When the wash was dry, I drybrushed all the pieces with Americana "Khaki Tan", and then a little Americana "Bleached Sand".   After that, I painted the bases with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
     I let the crates and barrels dry overnight and early the next morning I gave them and their bases a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.   I let it dry all day, and late that afternoon I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".

No comments:

Post a Comment