Monday, November 7, 2016

Li'l Death, Familiar: Figure 260 of 266, or the 4nd of 10 Figures Remaining

   Before I left for the Fall-In wargame convention in Lancaster, PA last Friday, I finished up another of the Familiars set who's called, L'il Death.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed .75" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
      I began by painting his robes Black, and then drybrushed them with Citadel 'The Fang".
      Next, I painted his large bag with Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate", and the three items onhis back (scrolls?) with, top to bottom, Folk Art "Barn Wood",  Americana "Buttermilk", and Americana "Zinc". I also used the "Buttermilk" to paint what looked like a scroll emerging fom his big bag.  I then painted the handle of his weapon with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
     I then painted the wrappings on his weapon with Folk Art "Grey Green", and the ropes securing the bundles on his back with Nicole's "Brown".  I also used this color to paint the other object in the big sack he's carrying.  After that, I painted his face and hands with Folk Art "Milkshake", and then painted his weapon's blade with Americana "Zinc".
     Next, I painted the blade of his weapon wth Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey".   Then, after everything had a chance to dry, I gave the weapon, the packs on h bag, and his bag and contents a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash using wet brush.  When the wash was dry, I higlghted the wraps on his weapon's shaft with the base "Gray Green".  I highlighted the 2 rolls/scrolls on top of his back with some Americana "Bleached Sand", and the bottom roll/scroll with Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey".  I highlighted the ropes tying everything on his back with Americana "Terra Cotta".  After that, I highlighted his face and hands with the base "Milkshake", and then painted his little fangs with White.  I then did highlights on his weapon's blade with Folk Art "Silver Sterling".  Laslty, I painted the base with a 50/50 mix of Americana "Neutral Grey" and Americana "Mississippi Mud".

     For a quick paint job I'm relatively pleased.  It certainly is an odd little figure, and it will be interesting to see if I ever find a use for it.

Figure 260 of 266: Complete

6 figures left.

2 comments: