I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue. In thinking about how to paint this figure, I decided I would go for the traditional green-clothed elf look.
At this step, I gave all the brown-ish parts (including her face) a wash with Winsor-Newton "Peat Brwon" Ink. I then worked on the metallics, painting her shield decoration, the wings on her breast plate, her scabbard trim, and the sword hilt with Ceramcoat "Bronze". I used the "Metallic Pewter" to paint the sword.
I now went back ,and added highlight with Ceramcoat "14K Gold" to all the parts I had painted with the "Bronze". I then used Folk Art "Silver Sterling" to add highlights to the armor and sword.
I mixed a little of the "Olive Green" to the "Leaf Green' and added highlights to the pants and the shield edges. I used the base "Mustard Seed" to add highlights to the boots and gloves. Next, I used Americana "Sable Brown" to add highlights to the hair, I then mixed a little Americana "Khaki Tan" into the "Sable Brown", and added a further level of hair highlights. I then painted the eyes, first doing the sockets black, then adding whites and then black pupils. I highlighted the face with the base "Elf Flesh", then added a little white to add an extra highlight to the bridge of the nose. Lastly, I painted the white integral base with the "Cinnamon Brown".
I let the figure sit overnight, and the next morning I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Later that afternoon I flocked the base. The weather hasn't been good for spraying, so I wasn't able to apply the usual Testor's Dullcote before posting this entry; so you will notice a little extra sheen on the figure.