Monday, June 14, 2021

Space Henchman: Bones 4 Chronoscope Figure

      This past week I painted the "Space Henchman" from the Bones 4 Chronoscope Expansion.  I thought he would be a good all-purpose crewman or rabble for Stargrave.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then trimmed the figure's integral base a little, and glued the figure to a 1" brown-primed metal washer with some Aleene's Tacky glue.  I then placed the figure in my painting grip.        
     There was something about this figure that made me think "potato", so that was the skin color I picked for him.  So I began by picking a nice potato color for his skin, and painted it with Reaper MSP "Shield Brown".  After that, I painted his shirt with Folk Art "Dove Grey", and his pants with Ceramcoat "Denim Blue".
     Next, I painted his boots with Americana "Charcoal Grey", his belts with  Raper MSP "Drow Elf Skin", and his gun and bracelets with Ceramcoat "Black".
     I then painted his teeth with Americana "Antique White", and his bracelets and buckles with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey".   I let everything dry for a while, and then gave his head and arms a coat of Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash.  When that was dry, I have all his clothing and accessories a coat of Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash. 
     When the washes were dry, I highlighted his teeth with Americana "Bleached Sand:, and then painted his eyes, using Crafter's Acrylic "Daffodil Yellow" for the "whites".   I then highlighted his skin with a mix of the base "Sheld Brown" and some Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige".  Next, I highlighted his shirt, first with th base "Dove Grey", and then with Americana "Snow White".   After that, I highlighted his pants with a mix of the base "Denim BLue", and some Crafter's Acrylic "Cool Blue".
      I then highlighted his boots with Americana "Mississippi Mud", and his gun with Apple Barrel "Apple Scotch Blue".   After that, I highlighted his belts with Reaper MSP "Dark Elf Highlight", and his bracelets and buckles with  Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver".  Lastly, I painted the base with Americana "Neutral Grey".  
      I let the figure and base dry overnight and the next day I gave them both a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.   Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's "Dullcote". 


     I'm happy with this guy.  He really looks the part of a Henchman I think.  I couldn't help but start referring to him as "Spuds MacKenzie" as I was painting him [an 80's name reference the older readers will recognize :) ], and I think that name may stick when he joins my crew.

2 comments:

  1. This guy has a rough and ready appearance that I think will help to set off the more central characters well. Plus I think he probably smells, which should totally be part of the internal roleplay portion of the game. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the smell idea! Maybe organic fertilizer, or a deep fryer! :)

      Delete