Monday, June 7, 2021

Armorback Demolitionist: Bones 4 Chronoscope Figure

      This past week I painted the "Armorback Demolitionist" from the Bones 4 Chronoscope Expansion.  I plan to use him in my Stargrave crew as a Grenadier.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then trimmed the figure's integral base a little, and glued the figure to a 1" brown-primed metal washer with some Aleene's Tacky glue.  I then placed the figure in my painting grip.        
I forgot to take a beginning picture, so borrowed this from the Reaper website.
     
I began by painting the visible parts of his head and hands using Aleene's "Deep Khaki". I then painted his "shell" with Vallejo "USA Olive Drab", and his suit with Accent "Golden Oxide".
     Next, I painted the sectional plates, gauntlets, boots, head set, etc., on his suit using Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige".  I then let the figure dry for a while, and gave everything a coat of Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash.  When this was dry, I painted the "claw" plates on his boots, clasps on his suit, and the teeth-like sections on his mouth piece with Folk Art Metallic "Gunmetal Grey", and the weapon with Ceramcoat "Black. 
     I let everything dry again, and then gave the metallic parts a coat of "Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash.  Another drying period and I began the highlighting.  First I highlighted the visible parts of his head and hands with  a mix of the base "Deep Khaki" and some Aleene's "Dusty Khaki".  I then highlighted the "shell' with some Vallejo "Brown Violet" mixed with a little of the "Dusty Khaki".  After that, I highlighted the suit with Reaper MSP "Hallowed Orange".
     I then highlighted the sectional plates, gauntlets, boots, head set, etc., on his suit using Americana "Khaki Tan", and highlighted the weapon with Ceramcoat "Denim Blue".   After that, I highlighted the metallic parts using Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver".  Next, I painted the lens of the goggles with Folk Art Color Shift "Red Flash".  I let that dry a while and then added a little bit of Reaper MSP "Red Liner" in a corner of each lens.  When this was dry, I painted little highlight dots using Americana "Snow White". Lastly, I painted the base with Americana "Neutral Grey".  
      I let the figure and base dry overnight and the next day I gave them both a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.   Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's "Dullcote". 



     I'm really happy with this guy.  I'm not a general fan of Reaper's Dinofolk, but this one grew on me as I worked on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment