I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking the parts in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them.
I wanted to make the queen removable so I could use the throne both as a simple terrain piece and also with the queen in place if needed. I decided to use a pair of rare earth magnets to facilitate this. So, to begin with, I sliced the tab where the queen is supposed to be mounted off the throne's seat, and then drilled a hole in both the throne's seat, and the underside of the queen to fit the magnets. It was handy to have the site where the tab was on the throne, and the pre-existing hole in the queen, to help align the magnet placement correctly.
I then painted her skirt with Reaper MSP "Blood Red", and then her cape with Crafter's Acrylic "Purple Passion". After that, I painted her hair with Americana "Grey Sky".
After that, I let everything dry for a while, and then gave the entire figure a coat of Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash. Then, when the wash was dry, I painted the eyes, then highlighted the face, chest, legs and hands with the base "Dark Elf Skin", and some Reaper MSP "Dark Elf Highlight".
I then highlighted the skirt with the base "Blood Red" mixed with some Reaper MSP "Holly Berry", and then further mixed in a little Crafter's Acrylic "Daffodil Yellow" to do even lighter highlights. I also used the "Holly Berry" and Blood Red", along with a little Americana "Snow White" to paint the gem in her crown. After that, I mixed some of the "Purple Flash" with some Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver" to highlight her cape. Next, I highlighted her boots with the base "Coal Black" mixed with a little Reaper MSP "Frosty Blue", and then I highlighted her hair with the "Snow White". I finished up by using some Ceramcoat "Wedding Gold" to highlight her crown, armor, and the edges of her cape.
I had deliberated on how to paint the cloth running down the seat of the throne, and had decided to try and paint it as an old ragged repurposed tapestry. So, I looked on Google for images of tapestries, and decided on this one:
So, continuing on, I painted the cloth with Americana "Antique White" to resemble an old tapestry base material. I then penciled in the design. This was going to be quite a challenge. Luckily, the Queen, when seated would obscure part of it. :)
Next, I did highlights and shadows on the gems with Pathfinder MSP "Urgathoa Red" for the shadows and the "Snow White" for the highlights. I then mixed some Citadel Technical "Spiritstone Red" and "Soulstone Blue" together to make a purple color, and used that to paint the crystals on the throne's base; then when dry, I added highlights with the "Snow White". After that, I went around to all the parts I had painted with the "Brushed Bronze" and highlighted them with, first, the "pure Gold", and then a little of the "Wedding Gold".
I let the throne and queen dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote". When the "Dullcote" was dry, I went back and repainted all the gems and crystals, with a little Americana "DuraClear Gloss" varnish.