I prepped these figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then did the conversion work, and then glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue under each washer.
I then worked on the bases; drybrushing the stones with Americana "Zinc", then Americana "Neutral Grey", and lastly Folk Art "Porcelain White". After that, I drybrushed the log with Americana "Raw Umber", then some Americana "Mississippi Mud", and lastly, some Americana "Khaki Tan". Finally, I drybrushed the skulls with some Americana "Antique White, and then some of the "Light Antique White".
I let the figures dry overnight and the next morning I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. When that was dry, I flocked their bases. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor's Dullcote".