Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bones II: Town Guard (Anhurian) Crossbowman

   I also completed this week the Town Guard (Anhurian) Crossbowman from the Bones II, Expansion 2 "Town Guard" set.  It's probably no surprise that I painted him up to use in Frostgrave.
       I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
    I had already painted his pants using Folk Art "Dapple Grey", before I remembered to take the first photo. :)
  I then continued by painting his armored shirt and helmet with Black, and then drybrushing them with Folk Art metallics "Gunmetal Grey".  Next, I painted his tunic with Ceramcoat "Denim Blue" and his hood with Americana "Zinc".
     His boots, belts, straps, quiver and backpack were next using Americana "Asphaltum".  I then painted his helmet with Crafter's Acrylic "Cinnamon Brown", and his crossbow with Ceramcoat "Walnut".  I painted the underside of his armored jerkin's sleeves, and the the area at the upper back with Americana "Neutral Grey".  I then painted the bolts in his quiver with Folk Art "Rock Grey", and their fletchings with Folk Art "Porcelain White".    I painted his scabbard with Crafter's Edition "Navy Blue", and the sword grip with Black.
     After the paint had a while to dry, I gave the whole figure a wash with GW "Badab Black" wash.   When this wash was dry, I painted his face and hands with Americana "Shading Flesh".  When that was dry, I gave his hands and face a wash with GW Devlan Mud" wash.
     When the last wash was dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his face and hands with the base "Shading Flesh".  I then highlighted his pants with the base "Dapple Grey", and his tunic with the base "Denim Blue".  I mixed a little of the "Navy Blue" with the "Denim Blue", and used that to highlight the edges of the scabbard.   I then used Crafters Edition "Spice Brown" to highlight all the boots, belts, straps, quiver, backpack, helmet, and crossbow. I used the base Porcelain White to highlight the fletchings", and Crafter's Edition "Storm Cloud Grey" to highlight the bolt shafts.
    I then painted the metal fittings on the scabbard sword, and crossbow with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey", and then highlighted all the metal parts on the figure with Folk Art Metallics "Silver Sterling".
      Lastly, I painted the base White.  I then applied two little areas of white glue to the base and sprinkled a couple bits of gravel and some course sand.   When the glue was dry, I painted the gravel and sand Black, then drybrushed the sand and gravel areas with Americana "Neutral Grey". Then drybrushed them with Folk Art "Porcelain Grey". When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".  Then, the next morning, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock.  Later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
     I'm happy with how this fellow turned out.  Nothing exceptional, but a nice solid gaming figure.

2 comments: