Monday, October 12, 2015

NOVA Corp. Sergeant: Figure 174 of 265

     This week I completed the NOVA Corp. Sergeant from the Chronoscope set.  I hadn't realized this figure was tucked away in this set when I completed the other NOVA Corp. soldiers earlier this year. However, with a paint scheme  already in place from those earlier figures, (intended to look like some sort of Sci-Fi chameleon armor that reproduces the colors of the surrounding terrain), it didn't take me long to finish this fellow.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue,  When it was dry, I gave the washer and figure's base a brush on coat of Elmer's white glue, and dunked it into a course sand mix.   When the sand mix had dried, I glued the figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
       I began by painting the the figure, and the sand base, completely with Americana "Charcoal Grey".
       I then gave the figure and base a drybrushing with GW Khemri Brown.
      When the "Khemri Brown" was dry, I followed up by drybrushing the figure and base with Ceramcoat "Raw Sienna".
      Lastly, I gave the figure and base a lighter drybrushing with Americana "Buttermilk".
      I then moved on to paint the goggles with Accent "Real Umber", and added some small reflective light highlights to the goggles with White paint.  I then painted some of the assorted straps, breathing tubes, and ammo magazine with Folk Art "Butter Pecan".  Lastly I painted the guns' muzzles black, and a small insignia on their right shoulder with Folk Art "Tomato Red".
    Once again, I'm pleased with the look of these figures.  I think I may order some more so I have a full unit of ten.

3 comments: