Thursday, October 29, 2015

Town Guard (Anhurian) Bowman: Bones II Figure

     This week I also completed the Town Guard Bowman from the Bones II, Expansion 2.  I hadn't bought Expansion 2 during the Kickstarter, but I was able to get the Town Guard set from a friend, as I was keen to use them for Frostgrave soldiers.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
     I began by painting the chainmail Black, and then drybrushing it with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter".
     Next, I painted his pants with Americana "Territorial Beige", his tunic with Americana "Avocado", and his shoulder pads with Crafters Edition "Spice Brown". His hoodie I painted with Americana "Zinc, and the little secondary shoulder pads under the other shoulder pads I painted Americana "Dapple Grey"
     I then painted his bow with Crafters Acrylic "Cinnamon Brown", then did his face and hands with Americana "Shading Flesh".  I painted his boots with Folk Art "Dark Brown" and his belts with Americana "Charcoal Grey".  Then I did his helmet, sword grip, and quiver with Americana "Asphaltum". The top of the scabbard I painted with Americana "Khaki Tan". 
   Next, I painted his scabbard with Aleene's "Deep Khaki", then did the arrow shafts with Crafters Edition "Taupe", and the fletchings with Folk Art "Porcelain White".  Then, after everything had a while to dry, I gave all the non-metallic parts a wash with GW "Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush.
     After the wash had plenty of time to dry, I began doing highlights.  First I painted his eyes, then I highlighted his skin with the base "Shading Flesh".  Next, I highlighted his tunic with some of the "Avocado" mixed with a little Americana "Jade Green".  Then I highlighted his pants with some of the "Khaki Tan". His double shoulder pads I highlighted with their respective base colors, then I highlighted the bow with its base "Cinnamon Brown" . His boots I highlighted with Americana "Sable Brown", and then I highlighted his belts, helmet, and scabbard with Americana "Mississippi Mud". His scabbard I highlighted with the base "Deep Khaki", and his hood I did with Crafters Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey".  The arrow shafts I highlighted with the "Taupe", and the fletchings I highlighted with Crafters Acrylic "Light Antique White".
   Next, I painted his helmet bands, his buckles, and the metal parts of his sword and scabbard with Accent "Princely Pewter". I then highlighted these with the "Metallic Pewter". I also took this opportunity to highlight any of his chainmail armor that needed a touch up with the "Metallic Pewter".
     Lastly, I painted his base White.  I then applied a little area of white glue to the base and sprinkled some sand on it.   When the glue was dry, I painted the sanded area with Ceramcoat Walnut. Then when it was dry, I drybrushed it with Folk Art "Medium Grey", then Folk Art "Barn Wood". When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".  Then, the next morning, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock.  Later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
     I'm really pleased with this guy.  I think he came out looking good with a nice simple paint job.

1 comment: