Monday, October 25, 2021

Halloween Knight: Bones 5 Figure, Part 2 (Completed)

    Last week I started work on the "Halloween Knight" from the Bones 5 Core Set.  Given the time of year, I thought I'd take a break from working on the Dwarf King's Crypt, and do one of the Halloween figures that came in Bones 5.  Unfortunately, I didn't get it done on time, so this past week I orked on finishing the figure up.
   Part one of painting this figure can be found here: Part 1.

         Picking up where I left off, I painted parts of the dagger and scabbard with the Folk Art Metallic "Gunmetal Gray".  I then gave, the cape,  shield, weapons, and hands a coat of the Citadel Contrast "Nuln Oil" wash.  When that was dry, I have the pumpkin head a coat of Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash.  When the washes were dry, I highlighted the head with the base "Orange Spice", and some Americana "Tangerine". I then painted the pumpkin's stem with Crafter's Acrylic "Forest Green". 
     Next, I highlighted the stem with a mix of the base "Forest green", and some Americana "Jade Green".  I then painted the interior of the eyes, mouth and nose with Americana "Snow White".  When dry, I applied some Citadel Contrast "Iyanden Yellow" to the eyes, mouth, and nose.  When the "Iyanden Yellow" was dry, I highlighted the center area of the eyes, mouth and nose, with a little Crafter's Acrylic Daffodil Yellow", and then a little of the "Snow White".  I then highlighted the scabbard with some Crafter's Acrylic "Purple Passion", and the hands with the base "Alien Flesh".  After that, I worked on highlighting the cape's lining using the base Pathfinder MSP "Urgathea Red", and some Reaper MSP "Holly Berry". 
      I then highlighted the cape's exterior with the Reaper MSP's Dark Elf Skin triad, "Dark Elf Shadow," "Dark Elf Skin", and "Dark Elf Highlight".  After that, I highlighted the shield straps with Reaper MSP "Dusky Skin".  Next, I highlighted the shield's face with the base Folk Art Color Shift "Purple Flash", and then mixed a little Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver" in to lighten it.  Finally, I picked out some highlights on the armor, sword, and dagger with the Metallic Silver; and then did some highlights on the shield's decoration, as well as the shoulder pads, and the armor's skull and coffin embellishments with some Ceramcoat "Wedding Gold".  I wrapped things up painting the base with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
     I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave him a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry,  I used some white glue to flock the bases.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote".   



     I'm really happy with how this figure turned out.  It was a nice break from painting Zombie Dwarves! 

6 comments:

  1. Looks good! I like the lighting on the face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norman! They were such small openings, I wasn't sure I could get it to look right, but in the end I think it worked.

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Love the glowing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The face was tricky to do because the openings were so small. I was happy to see it ended up looking okay. :)

      Delete