This past week I painted the "Boulderkin" from the Bones 5 Core Set. In Bones 5, Reaper added a couple sets of figures that were groupings of similar figures in different poses. As a gamer I loved this concept for unit building. The Boulderkin were one such set, including 6 poses of the same basic rock creature. As a wargamer I thought this was great, and ended up buying 3 extra sets of these figures for a total of 4; giving me 24 Boulderkin figures. I decided to divide them into two groups: one group of 12 to base individually, and one group of 12 to mount on movement stands.
Lastly, I painted their bases with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
I let all of them dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I gave them tiny hairdos with some different kinds of static grass and flock in an attempt to look like moss; gluing it on with white glue. When dry, I used the white glue to flock the bases.
Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figures with Testor's Dullcote".