Monday, January 1, 2018

Torture Equipment- Stock: Bones 3 Figure

 With all the Christmas and New Year stuff going on this past week, I again picked something quick and easy to paint, so this past week chose the Stock from the Bones 3 Torture Chamber set.
    I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.    I then trimmed the base a little, and glued the figure to a primed 1"x.5" steel base with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
     I began by painting the stock with Nicole's "Brown".  When the "Brown" was dry, I gave it a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash.
     When the wash was dry, I drybrushed the stock with Americana "Mississippi Mud", and then Folk Art "Barn Wood.  I then took a little Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash and painted it in the crevices where the two boards forming the stock would naturally separate, and along the uprights too, to help make it look like all the wood parts were actually separate pieces.
     Next, I painted the rope loops with the Mississippi Mud", and the bolts with Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate".  I then gave the ropes and bolts a wash with the "Agrax Earthshade" wash.  When this wash was dry, I highlighted the rope with Crafter's Edition "Taupe", and the bolts with Crafter's Edition "Spice Brown". After that, I painted the base with Americana "Neutral Grey", and then gave the cobblestones sculpted into the integral base a wash with some thinned "Nuln Oil" wash.
     I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.    Then, another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".
Nothing to get excited about, but it is another piece painted for 2017.  :)

I want to conclude by saying Happy New Year to everybody, and thanks for your continued support!


No comments:

Post a Comment