Monday, May 9, 2016

Merisiel, Iconic Rogue: Figure 217 of 266

     I continue to work on the Iconics and Officially Licensed Pathfinder Miniatures Set, and finished up Merisiel, Iconic Rogue, over the weekend.   Looking at this figure, I kind of pictured her in all black; and then for some reason I got the idea that it might be a neat contrast to give her white hair.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
     I began by painting the body entirely Black.  I then drybrushed it with a mix of Americana "Zinc" and Ceramcoat "Denim Blue".
     I then did a lighter drybrush using a mix of "Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey", and the "Denim Blue".   Next, I painted her face and ears with Crafter's Acrylic "Flesh", and her hair and and weapon blades wth the "Zinc".
     I gave the face a wash with GW "Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush.  Then, when that was dry, I worked on highlighting the hair; first with Folk Art "Platinum Grey", and then pure White.  Next, I painted the eyes and lips, and then highlighted the face and ears with the base "Flesh", and then the "Flesh" with a little White added to it.
     I then added some highlights to the dagger handles with Americana Neutral Grey",  and did some spot highlights to her outfit with the "Denim Blue".   I finished up with the metallics; painting her two blades with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey", and then highlighting with Folk Art Metallics "Silver Sterling".
    After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".   Later that morning I flocked the base, and that evening I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.

     I took a big shortcut with this figure by just doing it all black with some drybrushing, but for a gaming figure I think that's okay and I think the all-black look suits this figure.  In the end, I'm happy with how it came out.


Figure 217 of 266: Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment