Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bones II: Female Elf Rogue From Dragons Don't Share

   This week I also painted the Female Elf Rogue from the Dragons Don't Share Set.  If ever there was a figure destined to be used for Frostgrave, this is it; posed as she is, nimbly climbing down a pile of ruins with a skeleton laying half buried nearby.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
    I began by painting the ruins on the base with Americana "Neutral Grey".  I then painted her outfit with Crafters Edition "Navy Blue", and then her face and hands with Crafters Edition "Flesh".
     Next, I gave the ruins on the base a wash with GW "Badab Black" wash using a wet brush.   When this was dry, I painted the figure's boots, arm guards, pouches and belts with Black.  I then drybruhed all the blue and black parts with Folk Art "Settlers Blue".
   I worked on the ruins some more at this point, drybrushing them first with Crafters Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey", and then with Folk Art "Platinum Grey".  Then I painted her hair with Anita's "Burnt Sienna", and the grips on her weapons with Americana "Asphaltum".  Next, I painted the skeleton head and hand with Americana "Buttermilk", and what appeared to be a sleeve and shoulder of a garment with Folk Art "Dapple Grey".    I then gave a wash to her head, hair, hands, and the skeleton and his partial garment, using GW "Agrax Earthshdae", using a wet brush.  I then painted her shoulder guards and the studded band on her boots with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter", and the blades on the two weapons with Folk Art "Gun Metal Grey".  Before I moved on to the highlighting, I gave her shoulder pads a quick wash with the "Badab Black".
         I then moved on to the highlights.  First, I drybrushed her hair with the base "Raw Sienna", then added highlights with Crafters Acrylic "Orange Spice".   I then painted her eyes, and gave her Americana "Shading Flesh" lips.  Afterwards, I highlighted her face and hands with the base "Flesh".  I then painted the band on her left arm with GW "Vermin Brown" and then highlighted it with Citadel "Snakebite Leather".  I highlighted the skeleton with Crafters Acrylic Light Antique White", and his partial outfit with Folk Art "Gray Green" .   I then highlighted all the metal parts with Folk Art "Silver Sterling".  Lastly, I painted the outer edge of the base "White", and added some "White" splotches here and there between the ruins.
      When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".  Later that afternoon I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock.   The next day, I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.

    I'm really happy with how this figure turned out.  I think she will make a great edition to a Frostgrave warband.

No comments:

Post a Comment