Monday, November 28, 2016

Evil Fairy, Familiar: Figure 265 of 266 or, Just 1 Figure Remaining!

     Over the Thanksgiving weekend I finished up the last of the Familiars set; the Evil Fairy.  This set now joins the list of completed sets over on the right.   I am in a bit of disbelief that there is just one more figure left to go in this project!
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 7/8" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
      I began by painting the figure's clothing, hair and wings all with Black.  I then drybrushed the hair with Citadel "The Fang", the wings with Folk Art "Cloudy Day", and the clothing with Americana "Neutral Grey".
      Next, I painted the skin with Folk Art "Milkshake", and then painted the shaft of the spear with Americana "Mississippi Mud".  After that, I painted the little pennant on the spear, the gem on the spear's end, and some spots on the wings with Ceramcoat "Opaque Red".   I then painted the wraps at the end of the spear, the fairy's bracelet, and the backpack with Americana "Raw Umber"; and the spearpoint, and the blanket roll  with Americana "Zinc".
      I let everything dry for a while, and then I gave the skin, spear, backpack and blanket roll all a wash with Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash using a wet brush.   When the wash was dry, I painted the eyes, an then highlighted the skin with the base "Milkshake".  I then added a little Crafter's Acrylic "Light Antique White" to the "Milkshake" and did some lighter skin highlights.
     I toughed up the highlighting on the hair and clothes, and then highlighted the red parts with the base "Opaque Red".  I added a little Crafter's Acrylic "Pure Pumpkin" to the "Opaque Red", and did some lighter red highlights.  I then highlighted the spearpoint, and the blanket roll with Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey", and highlighted the wraps at the bottom of the spear, the bracelet, and the backpack with Folk Art "Teddy Bear Fur".   Lastly, I painted the base with Ceramcoat "Walnut". 
     I let the figure dry all day, and before I went to bed I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I sprayed it with Testor's "Dullcote".
    I'm happy with how the figure turned out. There isn't much to it, so it was a quick figure to get done.    Now on to the last one!


Figure 265 of 266: Complete

1 figures remaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment