So, to back track a little, before I started putting any of the riders on the scorpions I soaked them overnight in some water with a little dish soap in it, and then gave them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush and rinsed them. When dry, I began gluing the riders on using Gorilla brand super glue. I then glued the figures onto a 3"x1" steel base (the standard unit sized base for BYV) using Aleene's Tacky glue and then sprayed everything with the Krylon Fusion flat black. I subsequently had to go back and use black craft paint to paint in between the little scorpion legs to cover some areas the spray paint missed.
Lastly, I painted the spear tips and the sword with Ceramcoat Metallic Pewter, and I added some scary face decorations to the Goblins' shields with white. When everything had time to dry, I then gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish", and when this was dry. I flocked the bases. I actually had to flock then in two steps; first using a very fine brush to paint my glue/paint mix between all the legs and the front claws and then flocking those areas, and then going back when that had dried and painting and flocking the larger areas with a larger brush. After all the flock had time to dry, I then sprayed the base with Testor's "Dullcote".
I'm pleased with how these turned out. I think they make a perfect mount for the 10mm figures, and I am considering getting some more to expand my Goblin scorpion-cavalry force.
Figures 89 & 90: Complete