To begin with, I soaked the figure in dish soap and water, and then gave it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush and rinsed it. I then glued it to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. When dry, I glued the washer to a half a tongue depressor with a couple small dots of Elmer's white glue for ease of handing during painting. So, getting started, I gave the whole figure a wash with some diluted black ink with a tiny drop of dish soap added to help me tell exactly what the details of her outfit looked like. I then painted whatever I thought looked like armor with black.
Next, I worked on her staff. First I painted it with the "Real Umber", and then the ribbons on it with the "Apple Light Pink". I then gave it a wash with some slightly diluted "Peat Brown" ink. I then went back and added some highlights to the staff ribbon with the "Apple Light Pink"
Lastly, I decided I'd try to paint the stone in her staff to look like a hunk of unpolished Rose Quartz, so I first painted it GW "Tanned Flesh", and then gave it a drybrush with the "Apple Light Pink", and then added some highlights with white.
When everything had dried, I gave the entire figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish", and then when this had dried, I flocked the base. The next day, I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".
I'm pleased with how the paint scheme worked out on this. It certainly makes for an eccentric figure!
Figure 62 of 265: Complete